Random Thoughts - Gearing Up for a Month-Long Multi-Cities Trip

As I geared up for my upcoming month-long multi cities trip across several counties in Asia, I am starting to wonder if I have missed out anything. Travel documentations, accommodation bookings, inter-city transportations, air tickets, travel insurance and more are all in order. At home, I have made arrangements for my pets to be taken care of and my plants to be watered at regular intervals. Pre-travel, I have done all the laundry, paid all my upcoming bills, make sure my phone apps are all updated and decided on which work laptop to bring along for the trip. Yes, I am never far from my work, thanks to the wonders of modern technologies! 

But, there is always this nagging feeling that I have missed out something, only to find out when I am abroad! Well, I will only know when the time comes.

Meanwhile, I am only left with my luggage to pack, to decide what clothes to bring along and of course, my writing instruments (pens and pencils) and materials (inks, refills and notebooks) to accompany me on my trip. When it comes to clothing decisions, I always take into considerations, the weather at my destinations cities during the trip. Its currently summer with sizzling warm weather all over Asia. I will probably pack only light cotton t-shirts, knee-length bermudas, a couple of jeans and an over-shirt jacket for the evenings when I need to dine at the more upmarket restaurants. For the second part of the journey which will be the cruise from Yokohama to Singapore, my daily attire will be the same t-shirts and bermudas which I intend to launder before I board the cruise ship. And I will also throw in a hoodie. I am still deciding whether I want to bring along an extra pair of shoes in my luggage. I am no fan of extra luggage weight and traveling inter-city while lugging along a heavy luggage is not fun. I have one more day to think over this.

With all my checklists items getting ticked off progressively, I am ready for my month-long pan-Asian trip! But before I even start on this trip, I had just booked a week-long cruise from Singapore to Indonesia's Bali and Lombok for February 2025. I have been bitten by the travel bug, well and truly.


A selfie showing me in a hoodie worn over a t-shirt while onboard the cruise ship Spectrum of the Seas last year. Strait of Malacca, somewhere between Indonesia's Sumatra and Peninsula Malaysia (2022) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg