Indonesia, Bali - Religious Festival in Ubud

During a recent trip to Ubud, I serendipitously came upon a religious festival. Following the colourful procession from a respectful distance and only using the zoom function of my camera to "get close", I make sure to stay as inconspicuous as possible. I certainly did not wish to be seen as "intruding" upon the locals celebrating their culture and religion.

Thankfully, all the locals were really friendly and they did not mind me walking behind, from a distance. They smiled continuously and even explained to me the significance of the festival.

The following video on this blog's TANKS Travel Tales YouTube Channel was sewn from a few of the video clips and some of the photographs I took at the event. Hop over to view the video and enjoy the colourful and beautiful spectacle of the festival.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing